Resources for Parents
Welcome, parents and families, to the mathematics parent site!
For your convenience, Denver Public Schools Department of Mathematics and Science has posted information useful to you. See links below for explanations of these tools.
- NEW! Council of the Great City Schools’ (CGCS) Parent Roadmaps to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for grades 6–8 in Spanish for Mathematics
People to Contact
- Your child’s teacher—It is vital to first establish a conversation with your child's teacher. She or he is the person who best understands your child and his or her progress.
- The principal—If your concerns remain unanswered, contact the principal.
- Math curriculum coordinators—For questions, comments, and/or concerns regarding curriculum, contact math curriculum coordinators.
CMP Parent Letters
Interesting and Helpful Web Sites
- A+ Math (kindergarten–grade 8)—Games for kids and practice skills
- AAA Math (kindergarten–grade 8)—Games and practice
- Connected Mathematics (grades 6–8)—Resource center for Connected Mathematics
- Connected Mathematics 2 (grades 6–8)—Site maintained by Pearson for parents, students, and teachers that includes homework help, skills practice, math online games, and vocabulary quizzes
- CoolMath4Kids.com—Math-related games
- Dositey.com (kindergarten–grade 8)—Free programs for students
- Figure This! (grades 6–8)—Offers fun challenges for the thinking mathematics student
- FunBrain.com (kindergarten–grade 9)—From Family Education Network, this site features many great mathematics games, including the all-American favorite, Multiplication Baseball!
- KidsKonnect.com (kindergarten–grade 8)—Mathematics sites
- Math League and Math Counts (grades 4–12)—Mathematics contest information
Frequently Asked Questions